In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sierra 160gr HPBT 7mm

groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
Anybody out there using Sierra 160 gr HPBT in 7mmMagnum? What has been your experience with them on game? GHD

Comments

• Options
    Daddy2B8162Daddy2B8162 Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Groundhog, can't say that I have used the 160 hpbt, but I use the horndy 139 spitzer bt in my 7 mag on deer size game with excellent preformance
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is is a game king? or match king? Sometimes they advertise the 160 as a HPBT and don't specify that it is a Match king. The match kings explode on high speed contact and don't get the penetration they should. If it is a game king, then your good to go. I Havn't loaded any yet, but a buddy of mine sure fills the freezer with that same combination of caliber/bullet.........for what it's worth

A great rifle with a junk scope,....is junk.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Hi Guy, I have tryed BT in about all callabers and have found the flat base to be more accurate. I know what the book's say, but some times Books are wrong. Just my 2 cents worth.
  • Options
    laxcoachlaxcoach Member Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GHD, you traitor ! I thought you were loyal to the 25-06 ! I guess you are going to try to wipe out my whistlepigs in Bedford Co. all the way from Franklin Co. !
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Coach, the 25-06 is still in R&R (resting and rebarreling) so I was just asking about that bullet as I didn't have any more 139 Hornadys that I used to shoot in it. Actually if I hunt the woods and the mountain at the lease I'll only carry the xp-100 in 7mmBR!! GHD