In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mitchell Arms ?

MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
Just picked up a Mitchell Arms Citation II .22lr pistol with 7 1/4 " brl. Anyone have any pros or cons on these models ? Thanks.

Comments

• captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    MFI: I've owned several Mitchell Arms Single Action Sixguns and never had any problems with them..The Actions were strong enough for the .45 Long Colt and I never had any ACTION Problems...On todays market they are bringing up to $225.00 in Very Good Condition.....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • b.goforthb.goforth Member Posts: 982
    edited November -1
    the mitchell arms citation ll was the first of the high standard clones to come on to the market after high standard stopped production in 1985.

i have not owned any of them but came in contact with them when high standard mfg. inc of houston opened for business (i worked as a gunsmith for them until 1999) the mitchell rear sight is not finely adjustable enough to be a true target pistol and the slide and frame have a tendance to gaul and not function if fired alot, also the magazine were soft and would not hold their shape, which is important for proper functioning in a .22 semiautomatic without a feed ramp.

b.goforth
  • rolpherrolpher Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    owned one a few years ago. really enjoyed it, but it is very hard to sight in and there is no easy way to upgrade. I liked to plink with it. Some clips seem to cause slight jamming.