In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Marlin-Sako

A-37A-37 Member Posts: 473 ✭✭✭
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
I have a bolt-action .222 rifle stamped "Marlin Varmint King" on the stainless steel barrel. The receiver is stamped "Sako". No model number is stamped on the rifle. My reference books list a Marlin-Sako Model 322 manufactured between 1954-57 but does not mention the stainless steel barrel. Any comments? Thanks.

Comments

• A-37A-37 Member Posts: 473 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a bolt action rifle (.222 Rem) with "Marlin-Sako Varnmint King on the SS barrel and "Sako" on the receiver. Any info on rarity or value? Thanks.
  • SageSage Member Posts: 367
    edited November -1
    I've checked three of my favorite reference books and none of them mention a stainless barrel. All three say "24-inch medium weight barrel". A friend of mine has a 322 (which he loves by the way) but said he has never heard of the stainless barrel and he is a gunsmith as well as a gun nut and collector. Sounds like you've got something a little different. Good Luck finding more info, sorry I couldn't help.