In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ammunition for Walther P 38

Terry TaborTerry Tabor Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited November 2003 in Ask the Experts
Can standard 9MM ammo be fired in the P 38? Specs for P 38 say 9 x 19mm ammo?

Comments

• p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Yes, the Germans were the first to use this caliber in 1904 and the world just followed along.

Click on my moniker to email me concerning your other question.

You are your own best teacher. My advice is to question all things. Seek for answers, and when you find what seems to be an answer, question that too. L'Amour
  • JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was designed for 124 grain fmj.
  • butbut Member Posts: 113 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Standard 9MM is 9X19. It is also known as 9MM Parabellum, Luger, and NATO. They are all the same cartridge.
  • shooter500shooter500 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stay away from the Russian stuff.....it will shoot but too much fouling and greasy residue.......stay with any good USA ammo or Selliers & Bellott, Aquila, IMI, PMC, PMP, Olympic, etc...

"Only he who votes has earned the right to complain"
    "This will remain the land of the free as long as it's the home of the brave" - Elmer Davis
  • JacobiteJacobite Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My P1 loves Wolf ammo.
  • brechtbrecht Member Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    back in the day the base of the case was a little smaller which can cause problems with cycling I've had proplems with a luger P08 but never with a P38

in a world full of compromise some don't
  • brechtbrecht Member Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    By the way the P38 with an aluminum frame was used as the P1 in the german army until the late 90 and is now relaced by the P8 which is the HK USP. You shouldn't have any problems withe any 9x19 ammo

in a world full of compromise some don't