In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

phoenix arms

staind460staind460 Member Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2004 in Ask the Experts
anyone have experience with the phoenix arms hp22?

have the opertunity to by one with two mags and both a 3 inch and 5 inch barrel for 130$

any experience with the reliability, quality accuracy etc.

Comments

• tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In past posts, I have been the sole defender of the Phoenix. It's steel, not potmetal. The sights are tiny, but better than you'll find on similar size guns. I've put maybe 4-500 rounds through one with NO failures. It does however, seem to have a safety for every possible bonehead goof. Also a pain to put back together. For the budget minded, it sure beats the Jennings, Bryco, etc....

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • king999king999 Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I,m with tap--. Nice gun, reliable, fun. ONly serious shortcoming is the number and complexities of the safeties.
    Morty
  • king999king999 Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I,m with tap--. Nice gun, reliable, fun. ONly serious shortcoming is the number and complexities of the safeties.
    Morty
  • CrousetrodomisCrousetrodomis Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If its used, you shouldnt pay anymore than 100$. New with the extra barrel, 130 sounds about right.

"Huh, I never made the connection....Mr. Obvious, you're a life saver."
  • Jesse1579Jesse1579 Member Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one. It's the rangemaster kit with the 3" and 5" barrels. I like the little gun. For what I paid for it it's pretty good quality. I did take a file to the safety though. Now I can take the clip and reload a lot easier.

J.Lee
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    It isn't a steel gun, but they put steel inserts at all the impact and wear points. I've been using mine for years and it works beautifully. If you take the grips off you will see a safety interlock linkage staked into the frame. If you remove that bar and reinstall the grips, the gun functions like a normal pistol would and does away with the annoying magazine safety interlock.

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif