In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Astra A-80

ginger49023ginger49023 Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2005 in Ask the Experts
Awhile back one of these followed me home. I made the mistake of feeding it .45 ACP and it stuck around. But it only has one magazine. Does anyone know if any of the other A-Series .45 ACP mags will lock in and feed, such as the A-100? I don't see the A-80 mags for sale by firms like CDNN, etc. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have an Astra A-80 which I believe is a copy of a Sig P226.
    However, the take down lever is on the right side instead of the left side as on the Sig.
    I had been thinking about buying a laser grip for the Astra A-80 thinking the Sig P226 grip might work. I am asking as to whether the take down lever switch from side to side may be a problem.
    Any ideas?
  • Options
    Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi-
    I was starting to think that I was the only person in the USA that owned an Astra 80! You are right about it being an all-steel copy of the SIG (and therefore better, in my opinion) but I don't think that the grips interchange. There are other laser options, however--not that I personally know, because I don't use them; but if you look around a little there are things that mount, grip, clamp, hang..whatever. You'll find something that works! [8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the reply.
    This handgun is actually decent. It is accurate, functions well. I don't think I would want to run 500 rounds through on the weekends but okay for the most.
  • Options
    lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Although the Astra A80 is a very decent gun, nothing will interchange with the Sig. The 2 designs use some of the same concepts, but nothing on the guns is identical. Unfortunately you will find accessories for the A80 to be almost nonexistant. I have some mags available for them, but that is about all there ever was.

LRARMSX
  • Options
    RHarrisonRHarrison Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Astras (80s, 90s and 100s) are great guns - and, as yet, completely undiscovered (or unrecognized) by the SIG community. I own a number of them. The one accessory that I was able to pick up (for each type) was an Astra conversion kit. The kit was designed for .45 ACP owners. It includes a new Astra 9mm slide, a new 9mm barrel, a new 38 Super barrel, and a 9mm/38 Super recoil spring/guide rod assembly. The kit will allow you to have three (3) calibers on one frame (by swaping the slide and barrels etc). I had to pick up the mags separately.

If you want a nice carry gun find an Astra A-75 in either .40 S&W or 9mm - they use single column mags (which you can pick up now from CDNN for $10 a piece - they are new in factory wrap). These pistols are double action, steel frame with a decocker. They are great guns (there are several currently listed on www.{elsewhere}.com).

For those Astra A100 .40 S&W owners out there "www.e-gunparts.com" has as new (or like new) Astra FACTORY 13rd .40S&W mags for about $33 each. I just bought six (6) and they are like they came out of the factory.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The "elsewhere" in my first post is {elsewhere}
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Boy they really don't like competition here its
    {elsewhere}
  • Options
    edited November -1