In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Volunteer arms mark 45

frankoysfrankoys Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited April 2009 in Ask the Experts
I recently purchased one of these, and I am having an insertion and an ejection problem with it. While cleaning it the other day, I discovered that the block that guides the stripped round from the magazine into the chamber is not secured in place. Should this piece be glued in? It seems like the rounds that are stripped from the left stack are not feeding correctly. They usually wind up with the nose of the round hitting the top of the chamber entrance, and jamming there. Upon ejection, the spent shells, around half of them, are not ejecting completely. They are getting caught buy the bolt after it strips the next round from the magazine. The result is that I have an empty cartridge stuck in front of the bolt, and a live round jammed under the empty, behind the block that guides the stripped round into the chamber. Any one out there have this problem before? How can I fix it? Should I just take it to a gunsmith?

Thanks,
Frankoys

Comments

• duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One reason that they don't make these guns anymore.
  • frankoysfrankoys Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah I kinda figured, but I am hoping some other guy has/had one that can give me a lead on how to correct it. I have considered trying to get a new one milled from steel, but to do that, I need technical drawings I don't have access to at this time. Oh well, we shall see what we shall see.

Frankoys
  • burpfireburpfire Member Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hello. ive owned one in 9mm and 45acp. neither was worth a crap. both total jam-0-matics! even when everything is tight in the guns and the are well cleaned and oiled, they jam! you are way, way, way better off cutting your losses and buying an auto-ordnance. even if a gunsmith fixes that part, you will still have nothing but a club.
  • Duke HoggeDuke Hogge Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a mark-3 that was a jamomatic with fmj but functioned FLAWLESSLY for thousands of rounds using lazercast LRN bullets.........mind you the mark-3 used greasegun mags instead of tommy gun mags so it was center feed but with jacketed ammo it would nose up and jam every other round constantly,,,,,,,,if you handload throw 5.5gr unique behind a 230 lrn and load max length. might help or not? pull your ejector and inspect it... mine threw brass 30 feet. good luck
  • moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    No the block should NOT be glued in.check your mags you may have to raise the lips.If you need a new block I may have a source.load up some dummy rounds and put the in the mag,and slowly load them into the chamber watching to see where they hang up.my mk v was catching on the lip of the brass,fixed the mag and got it to feed.have some other info if you need it.
  • frankoysfrankoys Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    After a closer inspection of the block, I can see that it is indeed damaged. There are marks where the brass has marred the feed area on the right side, and the right back corner is broken off. I can see a very slight difference on the left side of the mag. How did you open the lips evenly? Do I need a special tool of some sort? I think I also would like to get another of the blocks to replace the one I have. Moonshine, I'd like to get whatever other info you have on this weapon. I have a takedown manual on the way.

Frankoys
  • moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    ok will send you every thing I have.

I would close the right and open the left you don't have to move it very much.you can use pliers but you may have to file marks down unless you pad the pliers