In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Savage Edge and Stevens 200

jptatumjptatum Member Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in Ask the Experts
What the the differences, if any, between the Savage Edge and the Stevens 200?

Comments

• godalejrgodalejr Member Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i do know this while they are made at the same company the stevens 200 is moe based on the original non accutrigger action. and the edge is completely different. with the action.personally spend the extra and get the stevens if that is what this is leading up to.
  • godalejrgodalejr Member Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    since you are not getting replies try savageshooters.com. you will have to build ba profile though,good luck.
  • mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Both are great budget priced rifles with many similarities - bolt action - piller bedded - free floating barrel - composite stocks - lawyer triggers. The actions are different - the 200 action looks like a traditonal open top mauser action - the edge is a closed action and should be stiffer and has a smallish ejection port. The Rifle Basix trigger SAV-1 works for both - the edge has a very large tang safety. My new edge in 22-250 shoots into 3/8" at 100 yards - I have read many reports of great out of the box accuracy with the edge. Lots of good press on the 200 also. The edge also has a removable box magazine and can be had with a camo stock. You can't go wrong with either one. Either can be had for under 300 bucks.