In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Charles Daly semi-auto shotgun parts

steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in Ask the Experts
I have a lady friend who owns a Charles Daly semi auto 20 guage shotgun. Recently when she cleaned it a thin piece of stamped metal fell out of the action. This metal is "blued" or colored the same as a gun part. I disassambled the shotgun and found that the part called the "locking block" is broken. This shotgun was purchased in approx 2004, the serial number is 3205802, and its made in Turkey. I went to the Charles Daly website and there are three different Turkish made shotguns built by different companies. How do I find out which shotgun I have? and where do I look for replacement parts? Is this shotgun worth the expense of repair? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Options
    Ned FallNed Fall Member Posts: 662
    edited November -1
    Charles Daley is a "Trade Brand Name" used on European made shotguns imported by several importers. The current importer (at my last knowledge) was K.B.I. Inc. of Harrisburg, PA. I suggest you contact them for any information and a possible parts source for your lady friends gun. Their address is:
    K.B.I. Inc.
    P.O. Box 6625
    Harrisburg,PA 17112
    Tel: 717 540 8518
    Fax: 717 540 8567
    E-mail: kbi_inc@msn.com
    Try to have all the information possible including all markings and a good description of the gun ready.
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As I understand it, KBI has gone out of business. The phone number Ned has posted is out of service. I have found some parts for these shotguns, what I need to know is how to tell which Turkish company built this shotgun.