In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FEG 9HP mag issue

shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in Ask the Experts
I have an older PJK-9HP, both mags are very difficult to get out of the gun once seated. I am wondering if it is the magazine disconnected that is hanging up on the front of the magazine. I can feel and see a tab up at the top of the magwell, behind the trigger. This tab moves forward with pressure. Is that the magazine disconnect safety? The mags slide freely into the gun up to the point of engaging the mag release. I am confident it isn't the mag release because they get stuck even with the mag release fully disengaged.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take it apart. Put one piece in and check the fit/function. Remove the part and install the next piece. I personally have no use for a magazine disconnect and would fix it. Make sure the magazines don't have their own issues.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Early FEG's, were very similar to Browning HP's.

IF yours has a mag safety similar to the one in the photo. It might be your problem. Although the FEG's were knock-offs of the H-P cosmetically. There assembly and internal tolerances, weren't nearly the same quality as the Belgian made H-P's.

If your pistol was one of the Friday afternoon or Monday morning builds. Might be the cause problem of the mag safety problems?

BHPmagsafety.jpeg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    Early FEG's, were very similar to Browning HP's.

IF yours has a mag safety similar to the one in the photo. It might be your problem. Although the FEG's were knock-offs of the H-P cosmetically. There assembly and internal tolerances, weren't nearly the same quality as the Belgian made H-P's.

If your pistol was one of the Friday afternoon or Monday morning builds. Might be the cause problem of the mag safety problems?

BHPmagsafety.jpeg

The part on the spring aft of the trigger is definitely what I was describing...I had taken a grip panel off and worked the mags in and out trying to locate the source of rub...thinking that is the source as I have smoothed the high areas of the mags with 600 grit paper. Once the mag is completely seated I have the pry the mag loose for the first 1/4 inch.

I am just going to remove the mag disconnect safety...I didn't realize it was so easy until I watched a youtube video..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Rufe...it took all of 30 seconds to remove the magazine disconnect and problem solved...the mags drop free now...amazing![:D]