In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AR 7 Mags

BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
edited February 2013 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone tell me if the mags for all the Tom, Dick, and Harry AR7s are interchangable? I have an Armalite and a somewhat local guy has what he describes as a 20 round AR7 mag he is wanting to trade for 325 round brick of 22lr. From the picture the angle on the feed lip end looks the same but the baseplate is square to the mag and not angled. also appears to have 2 formed grooves on the side instead of the one my factory mag has.

Comments

• Options
    burpfireburpfire Member Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    all mags will interchange, as i have owned a few, with high cap mags. i will tell you this, i have never seen a 20rd mag for an ar7. all mine were 25rd mags and said fits ar7 on them. could be a 20rd mag? maybe its a 25? if it was me, i would pass unless it says fits ar7 on it.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one of the Explorer II, AR 7 pistols, awhile back. Maybe it being made when Charter Arms was the manufacturer, made the difference. It was quite magazine sensitive.

I wouldn't be trading for any AR 7 mag unless I could test fire it, to makes sure it was functional.

.22 mags in general can be deceptive. I've had some that looked like a million bucks but were jamamatics. The steel that they are made of has to be of good quality, not sheetmetal. If the lips deform under pressure, reliable feeding will be problematic.