In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Old 22 Pistol - Value and Info - please

markneilarneymarkneilarney Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
edited February 2013 in Ask the Experts
I am selling some guns for my father and need a reasonable value on a few I don't know much about - not wanting to make a killing but want a reasonable value. Please check out the pictures, ask questions and give me your expert opinion.

view pictures at10038455

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10038455/

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another one that is questionable? What appears to be German proof marks on a underlever action. With the wooden forend and long barrel it's hard to believe it was originally made as a handgun. If it was converted from a rifle it was done by a very skilled craftsman. The question is why?

Most of these guns came home as souvenirs with GI's after W W II. The Germans weren't allowed to own firearms. They had to be turned in, and our guys got the pick of the litter. Because of this something like your dad's pistol would probably be worth more in the fatherland, then on this side of the pond.
  • Options
    hrfhrf Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The forearms on both the side lever German pistol and the Stevens tip-up pistol look very out of place and amateurish compared to the grips, and may have been added by his father or others to facilitate two-handed firing.

Added: The Stevens looks refinished and is also marked 410 so is probably illegal to own unless registered.