In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value on Norinco 59SHI

jtparkerjtparker Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited February 2013 in Ask the Experts
I am trying to find a value on my Norinco 59SHI pistol with triangle 66 on the frame. The pistol has no import or manufacture marks. The grips are redish plastic with a shield and 5 stars. Serial is 404XXXX . I would post a pic but not sure how.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Need quality close-up photos.

Instructions for posting photos, at this link.

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

That said, Chinese Makarov's are very desirable to collectors depending on condition and markings. Early vintage Viet Nam bring backs, especially so.

EDIT #1, Looks like the real Mccoy, being a Viet Nam bring back. The commercial Norinco's from the 90's, are hard enough to come by. A original Chinese military one from 60's/70's, is a real prize.

With the gun panic that going on now wouldn't be surprising if it would make $1500-$2000, to a knowledgeable collector who realizes what it is.
  • Options
    jtparkerjtparker Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here are the pics you asked for
    mak.jpg
    mak1q.jpg
    mak2.jpg
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with rufe-snow, on this one. You have a very nice example of a Chi-Com made Makarov, and it is is top condition. To the right person, who has not seen one, and needs one for his/her collection, this would be worth the extra $$.

Best