In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 52 International Match Mfg. in the 1970

jerry batemanjerry bateman Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in Ask the Experts
Hi Win. Authorities
I have chance to purchase a Winchester M-52 International match, Mfg. in the 1970's. It comes with the original equipt. including the Alum. Fancy butt plate, a palm piece. I has a Redfield Target scope that resembeles a Urtel scope. In the case with it is the original International rear adj. sites. It is near Excellent cond. The seller wants $2,000 for it. They must not plentiful, because I can't find one for sale on internet. Can anyone help with info & value of these rifles.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    In my opiniona great Quqlity Rifle. But and this is a big but. Almost no one is shooting this brand and model of Rifle in National championship matches. There are collectors of Model 52's but Your market will be really limited if you ever want to sell. The rifle is 40+ years old. once a collector reaches 60-65 They are more likely to sell off their collection than add to it. VERY FEW 45 year old even know what a winchester model 52 is .
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    I PRETTY MUCH agree with Perry Shooter, except there is a hardcore group of Winchester 52 collectors. If this rifle is truly a 100% original International, there is a good demand, and it will bring at least $2K+.

Now for the other part.. I just happen to be 45 years old... But Perry is correct. Most of my peers are ignorant of Winchesters, and have very little interest. My 15 year old son is shooting my 52C with a 20X Lyman Supertargetspot, and scoring very well. He appreciates the rifle. The next generation is not hopeless!
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Factory original is nice, but to shoot I prefer the M52B below- only the receiver and bolt are Winchester; remainder is PO Ackley barrel, Canjar trigger, Richards stock, Unertl scope.
    DSC_0006_zps77db4089.jpg
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    this 'should be' a m-52 E, as you discribe it well worth the $2000... but as stated it is 'old school' and they are not used much anymore.