In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dan Wesson 357 stainless magnum (CTG)

ch7777ch7777 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited March 2013 in Ask the Experts
I have a 357 Dan Wesson magnum stainless revolver (CTG) that has 7 barrels from 15 inch to 2 inches, it also has a Redfield scope, the revolver and barrels are like new and appear unfired. Can some Expert please inform me on its scarcity. Thank You in advance

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    here is a 4 bbl unit to watch. You can search for your model.
    http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=331068404

Usually a big difference between actual new in the box and appears unfired. Box, paperwork, and factory tools add to value.
  • Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    The 12 and 15in barels are hard to find. They sell for about $4-500 alone. A 10in sold for $350 a month ago.
    A pistol pac is common.
  • Options
    1022man1022man Member Posts: 512 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anything over 10 is rare. Check out the online auctions sites and you will see that they have went way high. You are better selling the 8" and longer barrels by themselves, the other barrels sell for around $200 each the gun itself would be about $300 or so. I've seen 15" barrels sell for over $600
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Dan Wesson revolvers in general are of excellent quality. How ever they never garnered the popularity of Colt, Smith & Wesson or Ruger. They are seen quite often here on GB auctions and demand a pretty good premium on the used market. The Monson, Ma made guns are the most popular and best made. They are currently being re-introduced by CZ and new ones when you can find them are in the $1200.00 range. In all honestly they are not that scare. There is a cult following and their owners love them.
  • Options
    Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Monson Mass. pistol pac with 2-8" barrels, and several years ago I was looking for longer tubes to complete the set. As was posted several times, the cost of the 12 or 15 inch barrel/shrouds alone was (and still is) nearly the cost of a frame with 1 or 2 of the common length barrels added in.

If I was a selling man, I's follow these guys' advice and sell 10,12 and 15 seperately, and then sell the 2-8 as a pistol pac set. I also agree with them that you'll make more this way than selling all together.