In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

bull barrel w/ stock stock.

mustangmustang Member Posts: 615 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2002 in Ask the Experts
i have a friend, (yea, i have a friend:)that had a bullbarrel put on his rem.700 in 25-06, but used the factory stock. it looks funny with the big barrel and a slim stock. it seems to shoot good, the gunsmith did a nice job,it will hold a 1/2" at 200yrds. it has been beded w/ blocks. but i woundering it a thicker, heavier stock would preform better, or is it just a looks item?????

Comments

• varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mustang,1/2"at 200 yrds. I dont think I would be trying to fix that.Don't care if it is dog ugly.

A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ditto ... if it works, don't break it!

=================================
    Sometimes the most obvious, is the most elusive!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Your friend has the most perfect chambered rifle to hunt varmints with that has ever been devised!! Who gives a crap about what they appear to be if the end result is DEVASTATION!! (Consistently) And I think if he's getting .5 groups at 200 yds. he can cause some serious DEVASTATION!! GHD
  • leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I personally think that guns like that look pretty and unique. Because I don't think anyone manufactures a rifle like that, in my book, it makes it special. Something I would be proud to lug around. Tell your friend if he don't like it, I'll trade him something for it...

Visit me http://www.geocities.com/gunsmithlee