In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

bushnell scope

kbbanditkbbandit Member Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
i got a bushnell sportview with my ar.....on near end dial (4-12 power) on far end dial(20-1000 yds) is this a good scope. thanks for your help.

bandit

If you never try you will always fail.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    what is the dif. between a rifle scope and a shotgun scope
    and can you use a shotgun scope on a rifle for 100yard shots.

Taz
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I found a used Bushnell Sharpshooter 3-9x32 w/Weaver Rings for 10 dollars, and i wondering if thats a good scope for a .22 . Im looking for a decent used scope, somthing under 30$, nothing expensive. Also i was thinking about the Bushnell Sportsview 3-12X40. but the cheapest i can find of that is 30.00 without rings
  • Options
    bullelkbullelk Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bandit,
    The Sportveiw is the low end of the line of Bushnell scopes. I think they are discontinued now.

There are much better ones out there for a little more money, including Bushnell. Bushnell has an excellent warranty program.

Scopes are a much heated discussion on these forums. It mostly depends on how much you want to spend on one.
    JustC, one of our contributors says it nicely.
    A great rifle with a junk scope,....is junk.

"If All Else Fails, Read The Directions"
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Hey Bullet, your right about scope discushions. For what they cost they should be good but they aint, they cost as much as a rifle and are cheaper to make. the scope people are raping us.
  • Options
    beerboybeerboy Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Sportsview had a makeover and is now called a sportsman. Its the same thing. Bullet is right though are are pretty low end. Bushnell makes a 4-12 in almost every level of scopes they carry. You should check out the Trophy or elite series.