In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

price check......1955 Model 41

vikingsfaninmivikingsfaninmi Member Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
edited October 2005 in Ask the Experts
7 1/2 inch barrel with factory comp, original box, paperwork and cleaning tools. Five digit serial number. Excellent condition without any visible wear or marks. Two owners. Saw it at gun show today and fell in love. What's it worth? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    300300 Member Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Assuming that all is original with box (#'d to pistol and indicating barrel length and any special features) papers & tool kit, and condition is 98-99%, retail of $700 - 1000 is possible. Depending on the serial # it could have been manufactured right up to the late 60's (the 1955 blurb printed on the inside of the box doesn't have anything to do with the actual commercial production dates which started in 1957.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a very nice pistol just as a matter of info all eary model long barrel 41's had factory comp. most people took them off as they will get deposits in them and must be cleaned or deposits then drag on the bullet causeing groups to get larger. box and paper work will bring higher dollars.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    was it a cocking indicator, A prefix gun?

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, former navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction. NRA certified instructor.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    300300 Member Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All 'A' prefix guns had six digit serial numbers - I have two pre-A 41's, one of which has a 113xxx serial #.

quote:Originally posted by bobski
    was it a cocking indicator, A prefix gun?

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, former navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction. NRA certified instructor.
  • Options
    vikingsfaninmivikingsfaninmi Member Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There was no "alpha" on the serial number, it was strictly a 5 digit numerical serial number.
  • Options
    ThrockmortonThrockmorton Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What about extra barrel weights.I had a ols one that came with weights that replaced the screw on the muzzle brake..
    man,I rregret selling it.:(
    coocking indicator model more than likely.Mine was a 5 digit as well.The ONLY gun I remember the no. on for some reason.
    Did I mention i miss it??

Throckmorton SASS #23149