In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.308 ammo question

ginmasterginmaster Member Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2005 in Ask the Experts
Hey Fellas I had about 1,500 rounds of .308 dumped on me a few days ago, 1000 of them are in 50 round cloth bandoliers x200 per ammo can the rest is loose. It looks to be mil surplus and just says F4 MF 83 on the bottom if that means anything, I don't personally own any rifles in that caliber so I would like to get rid of it but I have no idea how I would go about it, are there any legalities that I need to go through or anything? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Just picked up my new PTR-91 today and while I was there I picked up some surplus .308. It' marked M80, 75, 7.62, and OFV. Any ideas? Indian? If it is I've heard bad things about it, not sure I'll use it.

Stay Alert! Stay Alive. Good luck out there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Went hunting this weekend and a buddy of mine had vacuum packed battle packs that he had bought from a friend still sealed a couple of years ago. The ammo is very strange (at least to me) in that the bullet is silver rather than copper colored.

Here are a couple of pics. Does anyone know the where, what, when, where on this ammo.

I think it is a steel bullet and wouldn't want to fire it through my gun for fear of it being hard on the gun.

Experts?

10153396-cb6.JPG

10153397-483.JPG
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry. Forgot, It came on stripper clips and was 50 rounds to a bandoleer.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Never mind.[B)][:(]

Just read up on some interesting info. Glad I only bought 100 rnds. I won't be using this stuff.

• Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    The 70's vintage indian is much better than the 90's stuff. I have no issues using the 70's, I have had serious problems with the newer crap.