In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

American Pioneer powder ?????

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2005 in Ask the Experts
Any words of wisdom on the product. It seems too good to be true. Manufacturer calins almost 6,000 rounds fired and clean up with two patches wet with water?

What is the catch, there always is one?

Comments

• Options
    Gunslinger2005Gunslinger2005 Member Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it used to be sold under the name "Clean Shot", and this isn't the same powder as "Clear Shot". Clean Shot seemed to be very clean burning, non-fouling, and non-corrosive. What I didn't like about it the fact it seemed much less consistent than Clear Shot. Also, Clean Shot seemed to clump together in humid conditions, and if you broke up these clumps, you'd end up with a lot of really fine powder along with the normal grains of powder, even further reducing consistency from shot to shot.

I liked Clear Shot better than Clean Shot for these reasons. I don't know if American Pioneer has changed the formula to solve these problems.

After 777 came out, I haven't used either Clean Shot, Clear Shot, or Pyrodex. Actually, after 777 came out, I haven't used black that much either, but I'm not that crazy about the required cleaning with black.