In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

German Luger

dalestuffdalestuff Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
edited October 2005 in Ask the Experts
My dad recently passed away and left a German Luger he brought back from WWII. The gun is all original, dated 1939, and has two clips with identical serial numbers as the gun. The holster is dated 1937. It's been stored the last 65 years and is in good shape. Do you know a price range for this?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a german luger that I'm going to sell when I find out what it is really worth and any history to make it intriguing,any and all help is greatly appreciated.
    my uncle was a prisoner of war in germany,at the end of the war when he was released he brought back w/him this luger #8768,in leather case w/one clip.I also have the "War Captured" notification of the piece.There are probably a lot of markings and whatever one needs to know to identify it,so if some one would enlighten me I'd be glad to post what ever it takes.
    thanks,dave
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Two questions. 1. How would I go about registering a unregistered Luger ? My concern is , that my father who was in Europe and has had one since then, would lose it to authorities. Could that happen or considering it has been in his possession for over 60 years? Would the saying " possession is 9/10ths of the law" hold up. I think our family would like to sell it, but first feel it should be registered.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can anyone give me information on this Luger, approximately date made and if it is a German Luger, or did someone else make it?
    I am also looking for the approximate value. Thanks for your help.

tonylugerII2.jpg

tonyluger.jpg

tonylugerII.jpg

Tonysdrawingtwo.jpg

Tonysdrawingone.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have a Luger P08 Ser #1679. Has 1940 stamped on the top of body just before the barrel. Also has lower case letters byf and the number 27 stamped in a couple of places. Here's a big one.... it has what appears to be an original nickle plated finish. Can't find any info on the gun.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a German Luger 9mm, made in 1939> It has code 42 on it. Very good condition. My friend had it from when he was in WWII. What is the worth?

Ronnie A Stoneberger
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would appreciate any information and what it may be worth. 1915 is dated on the barrel. The magazine has a aluminum end at the bottom. Ser. # 6550 on barrel,on the side and magazine. All the other parts gun broken down has 50 on them. On the finger side of the handle it has the lettering S. Sch. I958. all are XXXX out except the c. It has straw colored triger, safety and the part on side that holds it together. Also on right side has straw colored magazine release end and under the toggle. very good condition no rust. Most of the gun looks black. I shows wear at the top where the date is stamped. Thanks very much.

Grayghost
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I need a little help. I know I should post pics but I still haven't got the hang of it. I have a chance to buy a Luger from some kin folks. I want everybody happy. I'm not buying this to sell but to keep. He's not trying to make a killing. It's a bring back our cousin brought back from WW2. I'm gonna call it 90%. all numbers match except clip. No holster. byf on toggle. 42 on receiver. Looks to be a cursive h in front of the trigger guard. 3 proof marks on receiver with the number 136 under 2 of them. A mark on the right side of the barrel. P 08 on the right side of the receiver. Black bakelite grips. Hope I haven't left out nothing. Give me some help please. I'm thinking $1000 or 1200. Am I off? Thanks. Sam
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have what I believe is a 1923 commercial luger marked SA which I think means it was sold to the Finns. The gun looks real nice, I priced it to a buddy at $400. Is this fair? Thanks for your time--Dale
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a 1937 German Luger with ss insigna, wondered if any one can give me some history and the value of gun. I can take some pics and post if that would help. Thank-you
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I HAVE A GERMAN LUGER THAT I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. IT IS MARKED DWM AND HAS A "N" WITH A CROWN ABOVE IT. THIS IS FOUND IN SEVERAL AREAS. THE #8197 IS ALSO FOUND IN SEVERAL PLACES ON THE GUN. IT CAME WITH A FLAP HOLSTER MARKED U.S., MADE BY GRATON & KNIGHT CO. DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE YEAR,CALIBER, AND WORTH OF THIS GUN? THE GUN APPEARS TO BE NEW WITH ALL THE STRAWING INTACT.IS THIS GUN SAFE TO SHOOT? THANX ED P.S. THE MAGAZINE HAS THE SAME NUMBER ON IT, AND THE KNOB ON THE BOTTOM APPEARS TO BE WOOD?!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My dad has an old german Luger. I believe he said 1916. It has a serial number in the low 1000's. Would anyone know the value or where I could find out. Condition is excellent.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey guys,inherited this p08 German Luger.It was taken off a high ranking German soldier my uncle killed in WWII.He also took his pair of binoculars.The guns # is 2611.Looks like all #'s match.I have a certificate of authenticity issued by the United States Forces European Theater.The certificate has the Luger and binoculars noted on it.Don't know much about this stuff.I was told that the chamber or barrel was" blocked".It appears to be filled in with a silver substance.Would appreciate if anyone could let me know of the value of this gun,Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks gunbrokers for all the information on the Luger posted 1/5/08 you were all right it is a 30 cal. 765mm, no problems with the gun , and thanks for the link to midway usa the ammo is much cheaper $22.95 vs.39.95 per box of 50.

THANKS RUSTY1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I purchased a german luger a few weeks ago, I was told that it was a 9MM when i tryed to load it the action would not close, I had heard that lugers only came in 9MM and 30.CAL. I than tried a 762X25 I had for a CZ52 not to fire it but to see would it fit, but it still did not close ???? does it only take 763X25 are what??does it take.

THANKS rusty1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    When someone says Black Widow exactly what does that mean? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I. Own three German Lugers, two are blue the third is nickel plated with black plastic handles (don't think they are ivory but don't know). My question is we're any all Lugers from Germany blue or did Germany have any of their Lugers payed for officers. I have two 380 orgies I guess they are a pocket pistol officers carried one is blue and one is nickel plated. We're they are like that.
    Thank You
  • Options
    drsckdrsck Member Posts: 992
    edited November -1
    It is more than fair. It is so generous that it almost a gift. Finnish lugers in good condition range from $750 to $1250, even with the import marks. One company currently has about 10 Finnish lugers with import marks posted for sale on the internet, each in excess of $1000. If your friend doesn't buy it, please offer it for sale here. Best of luck -- Steve
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the information, You know what they say "we'll be friends til the end, well this is the end my friend" I probably will try listng it here on Gunbroker.com.---Dale
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:"we'll be friends til the end, well this is the end my friend"

That sounds like something Dick Dastardly would say.... I hope you are not disowning your friend over this deal. LOL

For that price do list it here. Many people would be very willing to pay what it is worth.

We have the second amendment so that all the rest are secure....UNK>
  • Options
    HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    There has been a Finn Luger listed here on Gunbroker for some time. Do a search and see what it is about. Good luck.