In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

remington 7600

cn1732cn1732 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
edited October 2005 in Ask the Experts
I have a Remington 7600 with the enhanced receiver engraving and high gloss walnut. It is 100% new in the box with all paperwork and original box. What would be a good starting price on the auction side? What is the book value, and what would you guys expect to get out of it?

Comments

• cn1732cn1732 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have Remington 7600 in 35 whelen. When rifle is fired from bench (especially) due to sight height (open) recoil punishes cheekbone. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as too how to prevent this problem.
    edited November -1
    need some input,i have a remington 7600 in a 35 whelen cant get it to shoot a group smaller than 6 inches. after one shot barrel is hot,shell cartridge is to hot to touch and distorted
    edited November -1
    I have a Remington 7600 in 30.06 calibur. It has engraving on the receiver panel (Grizzly Bears on one side and Whitetail bucks on the ohter). IT is in good shape and I was wondering what it might be worth, approximately. Would appreciate hearing from you.
    edited November -1
    Anyone have any experience with these? I'm interested to know how reliable these things are, how easy they are to maintain, and what the felt recoil on them is like.
    edited November -1
    I own and hunt with a remington 700 in 270. I am very happy with it. I was contemplating getting a model 7600 pump in 30-06. I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on the 7600. Good points or bad. How does the accuracy compare to a bolt?
    edited November -1
    Does the Remington 7600 have the same 9 locking lug system as the Remington 760, or does it have the two locking lugs like the Remington 7615 and the Remington 700?
  • CountryGunsmithCountryGunsmith Member Posts: 617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you using enough bags so that the gun is high enough to keep you from crouching over the comb? If your bench arrangement is causing you to have to bend down to meet the stock that could be the problem.
  • hadjiihadjii Member Posts: 976 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about trying to raise the cheekpiece a bit with one of those leather lace on cheek raising devices that Cabela's sells. They really don't look that bad on the gun, and I would think they would be worth a try.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    If you raise the gun slightly higher on your shoulder, it should prevent you from "leaning" down into the rifle. Is it scoped?

Ben

President: Loyal Order of Teletubbies
    elefuns5038.gif
    Distinguished Kuwaiti Observer
    un_medal_ikom.jpg