In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger question

hadjiihadjii Member Posts: 976 ✭✭
edited October 2005 in Ask the Experts
I have a newer ruger 10/22 semi auto, probably 95 or 96 year when i got it but all the sudden it doesnt' like to fire, i put in a new firing pin to no luck but kinda of iffy about sending it back and have had problems with the quailty of all my local gunsmiths so not sure what to do

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    have someone that wants to trade a ruger mod 77? in 220 swift with a simmons 6.5x12 scope for my $250 saddle - got both saddles & guns so i'm looking at dollar value ( hunting seasons here ) need advice since i don't hunt anymore but i love a good trade!!!!!!!!!!

rick
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Ruger .22 semi auto, serial #13-11xxx. Could anybody give me a idea of when it was made and is it a Mk1 or what? Thanks in advance

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I live in north Florida (Tallahassee) you know where there is no such thing as a fair price on anything, doesn't matter what you buy here you get the shaft. Enough with my rant lol..

Here is the question I am considering buying a Ruger I believe it's a P89, it's used and they are asking $299.00 I think this price is a bit steap since it has noticable ware ie: scratches ect., definity not one to go in a show case and it seems the going rate new or close to new is about $340.00

I just was thinking a Ruger like this, that has noticable ware would only be worth around $200-$225

I just want to get a few opinions I mean I am sure everyone knows how pricey pawn shops can be and all. I am just looking for a used low priced firearm since I do have a CCW, but I don't want to get ripped off in the process.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For those who own and shoot Ruger rifles which would you prefer for accuracy and reliability. Would it be the Mark II or the Hawkeye? I am looking at a 25/06.
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know if Ruger ever offered the .480 Redhawk with a 5.5" barrel? I am sure I saw it listed in a book (Gun Digest, Shooters Bible, or the like) some time back, but have never seen one. Can someone shed some light?
    Thanks, Chairmaker.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can somebody tell me the difference between the Ruger 77 "Liberty Model" and the Ruger 77 "200th Anniversary". Also what would each one be worth, assuming they had not been fired, but had no box or papers with it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did some of the last Ruger M77 MkII's come with the new LC6 trigger that they are putting in the "Hawkeyes"? I recently purchased a M77 MKII and the trigger on it is much better then any of the Ruger's I have owned or fired in the past. Thanks,

Jon
  • Options
    D.S.COLED.S.COLE Member Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 200th Anniversary model and Liberty model are two names for the same thing. In 1976 Ruger marked their guns " Made in the 200th Year etc" for the 200th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence . These are referred to as Liberty models by some people. They are becoming more collectible and valuble as time passes.NIB models are very desirable,If you have any ,keep them and let them grow in value.

<BR>
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just bought one here on gunbroker.Might've paid too much or maybe not. It is about 98+% according to the owner. Paid $539. Weird thing is, he says it has a 22 inch barrel, and there is another one on gunbroker that has a 24 inch barrel. I think one of them is wrong, but I don't know who. Guess I'll find out when I get the one I bought home.