In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

info on "Burgo"

xtc68xtc68 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited October 2005 in Ask the Experts
I was told if i had a question about an unknown weapon that this was the forum to subscibe to. So here goes, does anyone have any information on a .38 spec. 4" blued "Burgo" revolver, with H W 38 stamped on the receiver frame of the cylinder and a circled W stamped on the cylinder, the barrel, and the receiver frame for the cylinder; all on the left-hand side of the weapon. As well as a stamped side view of what appears to be a depiction of Mercury (the god), there is also a gold stamp with the name "Burgo" on the left side of the grip frame. On the right-hand side of the weapon are the stamps "made in germany", " H. Weinrauch Mellrichstadt" and a serial# 418486. I am wondering if it is worth $200.00, please someone let me know.

Comments

• Options
    CountryGunsmithCountryGunsmith Member Posts: 617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Basically the same as the Arminius revolver. They do not sell very well in the US at all, and resale is virtually zilch. The lockwork design is not very robust with several small coil springs.

My advice is to (a) get it for $125 (tops) or (b) spend the $200 on a used S&W/Ruger.

Scrappy Doo sleeps with the fishes.
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    BURGO-- Trade name used by K. Burgsmuller Sen. on Rohm revolvers.
    Valuewise...even in as New Condition I'd hesitate to give $100.00...for one....Have You considered spending a Couple of Hundred Dollars and picking up a S&W or maybe a Taurus....I've seen them in that Price range....Try posting a Want Ad in the Wanted Portion of the Forums...

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    xtc68xtc68 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you very much for the info. wanted to make sure before i spent good money.