In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Possible pellet rifle help

SpooledbseriesSpooledbseries Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited November 2009 in Ask the Experts
I know this is not a common question here but.

I recently came across a older pellet rifle. Its a Benjamin Franklin I have never heard of it. I own a Benjamin Sheridan .20 cal. This is what made me finally join. I can not find much about this little fella. It is in ok shape I plan on restoring it. It is a model number 310, from what I can tell its a .177 smooth bore. I read also that it was like 1957 before they started putting serial numbers on them. Mine does NOT have one. Also the "Benjamin Franklin" stamp is upside down. Can some one shed some light on this for me. It will not hold pressure so it needs a new plunger and seal right?

Thanks Guys.

Comments

• Options
    blacarrowblacarrow Member Posts: 424 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The air rifle you have was, for many years "top of the line" in the opinion of many. Commonly known as a "Benjamin" In restored condition will exceed $100 in value.

It appears to need new seals which are difficult but not impossible to find. An installation tool is also needed.

Hope this helps.