In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Clamp on bipods

fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
edited November 2009 in Ask the Experts
I was looking for the Vietnam era style that clamps on the barrel. Does anyone know where I could find some, or if there is a similar product on the market today?

Comments

• the yooperthe yooper Member Posts: 275 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Midway has 7 pages of various types of bipods. Depending on the rifle, I'm sure they'll have what you want. http://www.midwayusa.com
    yooper
  • Stevan1Stevan1 Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If this clamp on is to be used on say a SKS, RPK, or most any rifle for that matter, Beware! I learned the hard way!

Expect your accuracy to probably go way down. The closer to the end of the barrel that you install this, the worse things can become. Your barrel flexes as round leaves. Bipod basically takes away the advantage of a floating stock. Expect 12" or worse groups on some rifles with one of these added versus 3" on 100 yd. targets with same rifle.
  • elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an original one, made for the M-14. But you can buy Chinese copies for around $150 or less. [;)] Eddie