In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

DPMS AP4 308 16"

flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2009 in Ask the Experts
Are these good quality rifles? I shoot one the other day and enjoyed shooting it. Let me here opinions and thoughts. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, they are great rifles, and only better in the LR version with the 24 inch bull barrel, and a good quality glass. They are very capable of sub MOA accuracy. They are also extremely reliable too. For the most accurate shooting, a good reliable twostage match trigger should be installed.

Best
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:flyingtorpedo

1232 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2009 : 2:19:34 PM Show Profile Email Poster Reply with Quote
    Are these good quality rifles? I shoot one the other day and enjoyed shooting it. Let me here opinions and thoughts. Thanks.

You answered your own question you shot one the other day and liked it. That's all that counts.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used the DPMS as my upper to a POF lower. I switched out the gas block to weaver type, kept everything else the same. Works fine and shoots good groups - about 1" @ 100 yds, which for my casual use of AR type rifles is fine. DPMS in general makes good guns.

If you liked shooting it and the thing's accurate, sounds like a good combo. [;)]