In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

left hand rifle for a lady

briguybriguy Member Posts: 459 ✭✭✭
edited November 2009 in Ask the Experts
I am looking for a left hand rifle in a .243 for a lady. She is about 5 foot 6 inches tall. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might want to look to the Ruger Hawkeye, I do believe that Remington, Tikka, and Savage also make left handed bolt actions in 243.

Best
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    briguy,

It depends on what type of rifle you're looking for.

If you go to the Auction side (use 'Home' button above right) you can type in the term 'left hand' in the search box which will generate a list of pages featuring left hand rifles. Be sure to select the bolt action category if that's what she wants.

I just did a quick check to try this so you can use the terms 'left hand .243 Win.' to narrow down the search. This yielded 8 rifles out of 17 pages. Use the full 'left hand' search to be sure this didn't miss any.

Otherwise you could check into lever action rifles or even pumps if she would be interested in either of those.

Best.
  • NateNate Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been looking for the same thing for my lady. She just started hunting this year, and I am guessing next year she would like her own rifle.

Savage and Remington both make a youth left handed 243 according to their websites. I have been looking for a shop that stocks one of them to see if it would fit her. She is 5'2" and the left handed youth savage bolt action 22 fits her well.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Savage youth model or Remington 700 youth model both come in lefty in a good selection of calibers. Be advised they sell out early. I've had to diappoint some kids due to inadequate distrubutor supplies. Not something every shop keeps on hand.
  • stevecreastevecrea Member Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not believe that anyone above has mentioned the Browning A-bolt Micro Hunter. It is offered in .243 Winchester, with a 20 inch barrel and a length of pull of 13 5/16. It is also quite light at 6 lbs. 4 oz. These are easy handling rifles with a foolproof tang safety, a 60 degree bolt lift, and very respectable triggers.