In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Aguila shotgun ammo questions/comments

Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
I've been wondering about the Aguila 12 GA "short" shells I've seen for auction here. Has anyone got any experience with this ammo? Does it come loaded with, say 00, or 000 buck? I've seen it as slug and with 7&1/2, and 8, but not in 00 or 000.I think that perhaps a "short" 12 GA round loaded with 00 would be a great solution to home defense-1. Increased load capacity in pump guns.2. Decreased velocity (?), lack of overpenetration.3. Reduced recoil- good for my wife & other not quite up to par shooters. Also makes a pistol gripped shotgun easier to handle.There is also a slug version as I noted before, but I'm wondering, Am I off base here? Whaddya think?
Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!
Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!

Comments

• Options
    ebeshirsebeshirs Member Posts: 382 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I remember correctly, there are of a couple of pump guns that can be (and have to be) modified to function correctly with these loads. I don't recall which ones. Maybe someone else can shed more light on this subject.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,430 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll be interested in your replies. I recently bought a Mossberg 590 Mariner and was thinking of the same shell.
    cbxjeffIt's too late for me, save yourself.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    jetjet Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've heard they won't feed reliably in 2 3/4 pump guns.but haven't tried them I,ve learned to listen more as I get older.[This message has been edited by jet (edited 01-02-2002).]
  • Options
    punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    I haven't found any of my pumps that reliably cycle with the mini-slugs. Comes real close to cycling properly with a S&W 3000 Tactical when pumped with much vigor. Recoil is VERY low and I like the round for personal defense in the house, but, the cyling problems have relegated it to the coach gun double.