In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BSA BOLT ACTION RIFLE BOLT REMOVAL

FOXMOUNTAINFOXMOUNTAIN Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
I JUST PICKED UP A BSA 300 WINCHESTER MAG BOLT ACTION RIFLE AND I CANNOT GET THE BOLT OUT OF IT. I NEED SOME DIRECTIONS ON THIS TYPE OF ACTION FOR BOLT REMOVAL, THANKS

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Foxmountain,

Is this a Herter's BSA U9 rifle? If yes, all you have to do is make sure that the rifle is empty, both the chamber and the magazine. Let the muzzle rest on the toe of your shoe, open the bolt but not all the way to the stop then push the trigger forward while gently removing the bolt. It may require a little jiggling at first especially if the lubricant has set up a little with dirt and dust. If it is real sticky then a good cleaning and re-lube is in order.

Regards.
  • Options
    FOXMOUNTAINFOXMOUNTAIN Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    THANKS FOR THE ADVICE. IT IS A BSA GUNS LTD ENGLAND, IMPORTED BY EAGLE ARMS NY. I TRIED IT AND THE TRIGGED SEEMED TO HAVE NO GIVE FORWARD, I WILL SPRAY IT UP AND TRY IT AGAIN, BUT I AM NOT SURE THAT IT IS THE SAME BSA, THANKS AGAIN
    JOHN