In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Browning A-5 Copy?

tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
There's a Remington 12ga. semi-auto shotgun, 2 3/4" with a 28" bbl. called the "Sportsman" that I've seen at a pawn shop that looks almost like a Browning A-5. Anyone know anything about them:year made, price in 70% condition or any other helpful info? I can always use another 12 gauge.
Thanks,

Tideman

"Don't shoot to stop 'em, Shoot to Destroy 'em!"

Comments

• steven mobbssteven mobbs Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this is probably an 11-48 by remington---model 11 made on the browning patent(hump back)--i think remington made these during the war-browning was busy building other things
  • remrocremroc Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remington built autos under the Browning patent starting in 1905. At first it was the "Remington autoloading shotgun" and then in 1911 was labeled the model 11. Production ran thru 1948. The "Sportsman" is a three shot version of the same gun. Sportsman production started in 1931. There were 102,467 made in 12 gauge. Great guns, great value compared to the Browning auto 5. Should run about $200. Look for one with a solid or vent rib barrel and unaltered butt stock (no add on recoil pad).
  • tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Guys. The broker has agreed on a price of $145.00 out the door. It's got the hard butt but doesn't have a vent rib. It'll clean up real well and it'll be fun comparing it to my Belgian A-5.
    Thanks again for the info.

Tideman

"Don't shoot to stop 'em, Shoot to Destroy 'em!"