In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

+P ammunition

4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
"+P ammunition is loaded to higher pressure. Use only in firearms designated for this cartridge and so recommended by the gun manufacturer."
Would everyone agree with this? Trying to find some 38 Super Automatic ammo and all I can find is +P ammo.

Is standard pressure ammo for this caliber that hard to find?
HELP PLEASE.
Thanks
Ron

Comments

• Options
    4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just a quick question...how is ammunition loaded to a higher pressure? Just packed tighter? And, where can I find +P+ ammo? My USP claims to be insensitive to all types of ammo so I was looking to try some. Does anybody know of any good brands to try?
    When a gun claims to be insensitive to all types of ammo, does that my gun has a negative attitude?

" God is in His Heaven, All is Right in the World. "
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 38 super is a great round. The case will hold around 20% more powder that a 9mm. At one time Thompson made Submachine guns chambered for the 38super. It is just that a super +P round. You can handload it down and it will still shoot, however your gun won't extract the rounds because they are underpowered.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Saxon is right. All .38 super would qualify as +P. If you have a .38 Super, the +P should be safe in it.

The NRA is on our side!