In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Old 16 ga Browning

HarleyRidingHunterHarleyRidingHunter Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
The serial number of the Browning I wrote about a couple days ago is 76693. Browning identified the gun as built between 19-3 and 1939, But failed to give any details about the guns markings and chamber length. I will not shoot this weapon again unless I reload the correct shell.

Can anyone please help me or point me in the right direction to find out more about this Browning...

Thanks,
HarleyRidingHunter

Comments

• nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    I messed up by saying a 2 1/2" chamber. It's really a 2 9/16" chamber and the gun can easily be modified to 2 3/4".

If this has already been done you'll see a narrow band of barrel extending out past the receiver, probably about 1/8". This band will show wear as it slides metal to metal within the receiver.

Alteration of the gun will have little or no effect on value or performance. A-5's IS GOOD GUNS!

Or... Load up some 2 9/16" shells and have a ball! By the way - Plastic cases are thinner than paper ones and won't cause excess pressure even in a slightly shorter chamber.

Nord