In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Know anything about Belgium 22 Flobert?

chuckjbchuckjb Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
Octagon barrel, single shot 22, "NS" on bottom by trigger. Can not find any info about this or its worth.

Comments

• captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    FLOBERT is a Parlor Gun...Used to shoot for beers in German and Belguim Pubs....Yours should have the Belguim Proof Mark on the Barrel...E over LG in an Oval..99% 0f them were in .22 CB or .22 BB Cap.....Effective range was about 25 Feet...They arn't safe drilled out to 22 Short or Bigger....The Action is very weak....strong enough for the bb/cc Caps...but prone to coming apart with short or long Cartridges...Value is about $125.00 for one in exception Condition...

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    That's about what I sold mine for - $125.00. and it was missing the extractor. Does yours have the breach block that folds up away from the chamber? They are cool little rifles and many configurations, but the Captain is right about the ammo - they are too weak to contain .22 shorts/longs.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)