In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rugar P-89

calvin94calvin94 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
I went through the search to find some info on the P-89. I was wondering does anyone own one and how they really are. I'm interested in getting one, but can't decide between P-89 CZ-100 or XD9. I'm new to handguns and looking for something nice. The only other ? I have is on their site it says DOA or Decock what does Decock mean?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I am looking for trigger,barrel,sight,and recoil upgrades anyone have suggestions where I might find them.I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Calvin
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looking and still looking for triggar mods and upgrades for this pistol. I have upgraded the grips and use 20 round clips I would love to get better sights than the stock ones or maybe someone can suggest better ones.I am interested in A recoil reducer.

Thanks,
    Frustrated Gun owner
  • Options
    Smoky14Smoky14 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Calvin welcome aboard. What kind of upgrade are you looking for? I've had my P89 for quite some time and have found it to be serviceable as designed. Mine is quite accurate and has had no malfunctions in over 7K rounds.

The trigger pull is light and crisp, considering it's design.

Respect for self Respect for others Responsible for all actions
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I to have a P-89 T and its never even Hiccupped on me.But you have your reassons Im sure.The best way to go about it is,if you have a Shotgun news look at the different prices.Im sure you will find what you need.You can also check with Wolf springs @ www.gunsprings.com

Best!!!

Rugster

Toujours Pret

Edited by - Rugster on 11/29/2002 10:32:18
  • Options
    Short TraderShort Trader Member Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like everything about mine except the grips, so I put a Hogue mono on it and it tightened my groups up.

For an adjustable rear sight, check out Millet sights.

After five years and a few thousand (almost 10,000 now) rounds through mine, my guide rod and spring are going to get replaced by factory equipment soon.

I can't really help you on anything else. Good luck.

Buy low, short high...