In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Opinion Requested

PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
edited October 2003 in Ask the Experts
I am considering buying a Steyr M40. Does anyone know anything about this weapon? I am having trouble deciding between a Ruger P89DC and the steyer. I have shot a Ruger before, but never a steyr. If anyone could help me in this decision i would really appreciate it. (yes i do know that the steyr is a 40sw and the ruger a 9mm. I really want the stopping power of a 40, but the 9mm is a really good deal.)

Thanks,
Patrick Buzzard

"Never pet a burning dog..."

Comments

• Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I personally consider the Steyr to be a better firearm, though Ruger makes excellent firearms.

The Steyr M40 is looks like something out of a Buck Roger's comic book, but I personally love the way it feels. For a polymer framed gun you can ger really high in the grip which is very good. The trigger pull is kinda stiff compared to most of the stuff I shoot, but its alot better than a Ruger's. The sights are something else out of a Buck Roger's comic, but I imagine they are pretty effective.

Give the Steyr a try, I think you'll be pleased with it.

If your looking in that price range, you may also consider looking into CZ handguns. I don't think you can get a higher quality firearm in the under $400 price range than a CZ.