In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FFL signature question Help!!!

drjincdrjinc Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
edited October 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have had my FFL and have been a seller on gunbroker for 2 years now today I received a FFL copy from a dealer but the signature was also photo copied and not ink signed.I contacted the buyer and informed them that the signature was a photo copy and not original they emailed me back and said there dealer insisted it was ink signed.The only part of the FFL that had an ink signed signature was on the back were the FFL wrote a note.My question is is it legal to ship the gun to the FFL when the signature is on the back of the copy instead of on the front were it is supposed to be signed.Any help would be appriciated thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    I had the same problem awhile back. I asked the dealer to send another one to me, signed in RED or BLUE ink. That will solve the problem.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • Options
    101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The simple answer is: NO
    As an FFL dealer for over 16 years, the answer is still no. Must furnish a signed in ink copy of his FFL. I would not attempt anything
    until I received the FFL, signed in ink. Also check his validity, per
    Eazy Check----www.atf.treas.gov The color of the ink is not required.
  • Options
    drjincdrjinc Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is what I figured I am going to tell the buyer to have his dealer send me another FFL signed in ink were the signature is supposed to be on the front.I am not going to lose my FFL over 20.00 profit.As always thanks for the info guys I have never went wrong in asking advice from the members of this great forum.