In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

RUGER 77 25-06

257robertsimp257robertsimp Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
edited October 2003 in Ask the Experts
Any info about a ruger 25-06. This rifle does not use the ruger integral bases. It also has a heavy 26 inch barrel but not as heavy as a varmit barrel. Any info about age of this item and possible value. Also this rifle has a large wrap around front sight. Thank you for any info.

Comments

• Options
    cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is an older round top and I can't give exact dates, but I've been a 77 fan for some time and know that they are not that common. I believe I saw the last new one in my area around 1985 or so and it sat on the rack for some time. I can't say if they are more desirable or not because I don't see many. I would guess, if so, only slightly higher than a standard.
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a M77RS. There was a conversion period between the old round tops and the MkII. Not all MkII's had true controlled round feed. I believe the First Model 77's came out about 1967 and the MkII's started in 1989. There might be a premium price for one that is considered to be prior to Ruger stamping the warning on the barrel.

AlleninAlaska
    Delta Firearms & Supplies
    http://canadianfirearmsexchange.com

aglore@gci.net