In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

sterlingworth fox shotgun

Patrick ColantuonoPatrick Colantuono Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited October 2003 in Ask the Experts
Am interested in the history of a 20 gauge dble. barredled Sterlingworth fox shotgun. Serial #252508, last model made in 1939 Weight is approximately 5 lbs. Receiver is nickel or stainless steel. Can you heip? THANKS PAT

Patrick Colantuono

Comments

• 101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Patrick,
    Welcome to GB!
    I collect Parker's but hunt with the Fox. First, your receiver should be case colored. The nickel or stainless was not available or ever offered. Shed some light upon the barrel length, chokes, stocks, etc.
    Your serial number indicates 1915 to 1930. Perhaps the good Captain
    has the address for a historical letter. I do not have this information in front of me but is available, perhaps through theee Cody Museum. The 20 is worth more than the 12 but original condition
    is everything. Mail me through my profile and I will giive you everything I have available. Welcome, 101
  • Patrick ColantuonoPatrick Colantuono Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 101AIRBORNE
    Patrick,
    Welcome to GB!
    I collect Parker's but hunt with the Fox. First, your receiver should be case colored. The nickel or stainless was not available or ever offered. Shed some light upon the barrel length, chokes, stocks, etc.
    Your serial number indicates 1915 to 1930. Perhaps the good Captain
    has the address for a historical letter. I do not have this information in front of me but is available, perhaps through theee Cody Museum. The 20 is worth more than the 12 but original condition
    is everything. Mail me through my profile and I will giive you everything I have available. Welcome, 101

Patrick Colantuono
    edited November -1
    Re: Sterlingworth fox. Thanks 101! 26 inch barrel, etching on border of receiver,Choke is improved cylinder and modified.Stock american walnut with straight grain and pistol grip.Thanks again Pat

Patrick Colantuono
    edited November -1
    101 airborne, Hoe you receivedmy message about the sterlingworth fox, as I added info as to stock, choke and wood grain. I enjoy learning the history of firearms and exchanging views. thanks,Pat

Patrick Colantuono