In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

llama 45

SreloadSreload Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
edited November 2003 in Ask the Experts
What's the difference between the Colt 45 1911 and the Llama version? Other than the price, that is. Do they stack up to the Colt in terms of reliability and accuracy and so on?

I know I sound like a kid in a candystore with no money but I'd really like to know.

Thanks

Mike
M1Talking-200_50.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Got a Llama 45, What parts from a 1911 can I use? Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hey guys, i have a large frame 1911 style llama, and i cannot find the model on it. does anyone know if any style 1911 grips will fit on it? thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got a llama full size 45 before I new I should of got something better. Can I get a slide for it in stainless

God Guns and guts
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [img][/img]000_0425.jpg
    picked up a llama 45, great shooter, but i need to buy some new grips. can anyone identify this model? thanks
  • Options
    Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably none. I believe that they did produce one model that claimed parts interchangeability, but of the many slight variations of their 1911 copy produced over the years almost no parts interchange.
  • Options
    shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    sear and disconnect is all that i have put in a Llama these dropped in

Lt.RRG

c.gif
    "Go over,go under,go around,or go through.But never give up."
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sreload...

I own a Llama .45 Government Model, and nearly all of the parts are interchangeable with the 1911 clones.

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    The newer, the fewer. The new Llama's are simular designs, but not clones. The older ones were replica's, not clones.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • Options
    Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, Sreload, you got a real mixed bag of answers here, didn't you? My fault...guess I should have given you the standard "cautious expert answer"...: "Which model do you have?" None of us have yet determined that (we're not clairvoyant); and you didn't tell us. It might have simplified our answer. What---you didn't know there was more than one model? These folks (Llama) have been around for a long time! Used to be that Llama made all parts to different specs so that you would have to buy parts from them. Some American-made parts could be made to fit in an emergency with some filing and fitting. Now, I, personally, have always thought Llama a good value for the money; but am, at the moment, cringing behing my computer table to avoid the incoming rounds and barbs from my fellow-experts. I'm going to go with my original answer, with a little clarification. Unless you have a "Govt. Model" nothing will fit without modification. I've got a couple of these Iberian Jewels purchased in the 60's and 70's, and I've attempted parts swaps just "to know" and have found that nothing works "as-is". Anyway----what's your interest? Idle curiosity? Original parts are readily available from the importer.
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    "Now, I, personally, have always thought Llama a good value for the money...."

D-G....hope you're wearing your Flak Jacket and Kevlar & Stainless Steel Mesh Athletic Supporter.

"INCOMING!" [:D][:D][:D]