In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Springfield XD series?

ClarentaviousClarentavious Member Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2004 in Ask the Experts
I was thinking about getting this gun, but noticed it was DAO Does anyone know if it has a long heavy trigger pull? I simply cannot stand guns that do.

Also, I noticed you can get it in .45 GAP caliber. How is the 45 GAP different from the 45 ACP?

Comments

• calamitywoodcalamitywood Member Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a friend of mine bought one in .40 cal. I shot one magazine through it and was pretty impressed. I'm a die hard 1911 fan but the xd shot quite well and I think it had a better trigger than glock or baretta. (my opinion of course)
  • ContacFrontContacFront Member Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The SF SD is a good gun but I like the Glock better.

Difference between the 45ACP and 45GAP is that the 45GAP has a shorter case. It was designed so Glock could make a high capacity 45 cal gun on smaller frame ie Glock 17 rather than the big Glock 21. Ballistics are suppose to be the same but time has not proven that yet.

45GAP ammo is more expensive since its a new round. If you got small hands and want a high cap 45 cal I guess the 45GAP would solve your problem.