In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gun shipping help

jbobweisjbobweis Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited November 2004 in Ask the Experts
I have a situation regarding a gun I just sold on Gun Broker. In the past I have had either the FFL or C&R holder send me a copy of the license as a protection to me. I don't personally have a license, The current buyer says his dealer has told him I don't need a copy of the license. He has sent the dealer License # and his address, the dealer in questions says this is all I need to ship the gun. I want to know if this is correct. You dealer out there please let me know the correct way this should be handled, thanks

Comments

• jbobweisjbobweis Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will shortly be trying to sell a weapon on gunbroker. I am NOT an FFL holder. What is the process to sending this weapon to another individual? Do I have to have someone that is an FFL holder actually send it for me? What is required of the person that is recieving the firearm? Please email me with any help at jbobweis@yahoo.com. Thanks for any help anyone can give.
  • agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    No FFL required if sold within your own State unless your in a State that requires all firearm transfers go through an FFL. FFL required on receiving end if sold out of State.

AlleninAlaska
    Delta Firearms & Supplies
    http://www.galleryofguns.com

aglore@gci.net
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rules are different for a long gun than for a hand gun. which do you have??

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • cody45cody45 Member Posts: 570 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    first you must be familiar with the federal law. no one can summarize this for you-it takes work, then learn your own state law. websites are there for you to read. Then remember to learn the individual policies of each carrier--ups, usps, fedex, dhl, etc. they are all different when it comes to shipping firearms. long guns and handguns are often specific to themselves.
    If you dont know where to start you may begin by reading the excellent information on the gunbroker home site.
  • modocmodoc Member Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shipped a car load of misc. gns.Both in the USPS and UPS.Long guns can be mailed.If it is a black powder muzzle loader no license.Cartridge guns almost always need the FFL or C&R to satisfy the Post Office so require the seller to send one or the other.Handguns can be sent to a FFL holder through the UPS system without you having an FFL,BUT it is Impossible to Mail them if you are not a dealer.The cost of handguns through UPS is much higher than long guns.Just jump in there and learn,just be sure you indicate to the buyer that you will not break the law to make it easier for him.Felonies are hard to swallow.modoc

BILL
    KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY.BUT NOT HOT.....single action S&Ws are keepers