In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Feedback on Les Baer Guns

DB CooperDB Cooper Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
edited November 2004 in Ask the Experts
i was thinking about getting one of his .45 pistols. The price is about $2,500. Are these good guns, are they worth the money ? does anyone here own one and have some opinions ? thanks

Comments

• Options
    mpolansmpolans Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, Les builds great guns. As far as the price, I'd say it depends on which model, and what you want to do with it. For example, it would be pretty dumb to buy a hi-cap ultimate match in .45acp for IPSC because you'd be paying a lot of money for a gun that isn't competitive.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello I have no complaints with Les Baer guns He also supports the shooting sports at Camp Perry and other places . He sells many different types of guns for all types of shooting. If you are in Va. I invite you to try one that I have for sale it is a BULLS-EYE gun 1&1/2 inch at 50 yards with tunnel mount red dot Gilmore sight. quote:"PRAISE THE HARDBALL GUN"
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I have a Premier II and it cost less than $1500. I have been very happy with it. It will feed anything and is very reliable. They are very tight and after 1000 rounds it is getting where I can pull the slide back with one hand. I own Springfield, Kimber, and Colt 1911 pistols and the Baer is the best by far.
  • Options
    ContacFrontContacFront Member Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMHO, great target pistols but built way too tight for defensive use.