In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bidding on GB

Shadow62Shadow62 Member Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2005 in Ask the Experts
i have found a revolver i want in the price range
it has bid increments of $2.00.
my question can i bid more than the minimun
to ensure i am the winning bidder?

Shadow62

Comments

• Options
    D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    Yes, thats just the lowest you can bid.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bid as much as you like. The computer will not allow you to bid against your self so the your bid does not increase unless someone else bids. Good luck.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    Shadow62Shadow62 Member Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Guys

Shadow62
  • Options
    joel_blackjoel_black Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One other thing that I've noticed is that if you are very serious about getting it you better be on your computer for the last 15 minutes.
  • Options
    timbromantimbroman Member Posts: 1,164
    edited November -1
    Shadow - If it is currently at $53.50 and you are willing to pay no more than $375.00, bid $375.00 and get some sleep. You will either get it at $375.00 or less (that's what you wanted to do, right?) or someone else will buy it for more than $375.00 (and that's okay too because you decided at the outset that you were unwilling to pay any more than $375.00 for it, right?) It's no more complicated than that.

"Man must cease attributing his problems to his environment and learn again to exercise his will - his personal responsibility in the realm of faith and morals."
    Albert Schweitzer, 1875-1965
  • Options
    Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Shadow, because of GB's '15 minute rule' I'd say do what timbroman says, place your bid and get some sleep! You'll either get it for the $375.00, or maybe way less, or someone else will bid higher.

WW2Guns005.jpg

"The Greatest Battle Implement Ever Devised!"
    -- Gen. George S. Patton
    referring to the M1 Garand