In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 94 Front Sight

himikohimiko Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited March 2005 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone have any information on a front sight for the Winchester 94 that has three posts, and can be rotated so as to select a gold bead, an ivory bead, or a black bead. The rifle also has the Winchester Smokelss rear sight for the 32 W. S.

Comments

• Options
    himikohimiko Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HI All. No reply yet, but for those that may be interested I did go to google, and under King's triple bead sight I found a 22 that was auctioned in 1996, and a Win 95 in 405 that sold in 2003 with this sight on it. Google really works.
  • Options
    101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    himko,
    Yes, Google is a good search engine.
    King's and Redfield both manufactured the front sight that you have described. King referred to their front sight as the:
    King Patent Triple Bead Front Sight. Redfield-Western Triple Bead Front Sight. Now you must guess which one you have[:)]
  • Options
    Buckmaster223Buckmaster223 Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    you can try midway.com , or brownells.com you may find the sight your looking for.

One Shot-One Kill...... SEMPER FI U.S.M.C.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello himiko...

The sight you are referring to that was used by Winchester is the King No. 1 or No. 2 Triple Bead. I have seen them on a number of different Winchester rifles that were manufactured from circa 1914 - 1950. The correct application code for a Model 1894/94 (stamped on the underside of the dovetail base) is a "B". Typical value for one of them is $50 - $80 depending upon the condition.

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!