In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Problem Bushmaster carbon15 pistol

fumasterkfumasterk Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
edited April 2005 in Ask the Experts
Just wanted to know if any one eles had a problem with the new carbon pistol's?

I bought a 97s carbon pistol about a month ago. I had to send it to the factory to get some work done on it.

The pistol would not feed from six diffrent standerd ar15 mags. And five diffrent ammo's. All mags are GI issue and specs. Two where bushmaster brand new mags.

The gun would only fire one or two shoots. And then jamed or did not feed any more rounds.

But this is where it gets wierd. A friend was with me and he had a DPMS ar15 with a 10rd plastic mag. So I tried the Dpms mag and the gun would fire all 10rds with out a problem.

Bushmaster said it had a problem with carbon15 at the factory. And that some of the new carbon ar15 guns got out to the public. They said that they would polish the feed ramp and look at the gun. For other defects. Also they would test fire it to make sure it was good.

Got the gun back from Bushmaster and will go to the range and give it another test run to see if problem still exist.

Just wanted to know if anyone eles had this or other problems? With the new carbon15 pistols.

Comments

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    A lot of the early ones and the old ones (back when Professional Ordnance was producing them) were usually most reliable with the Thermold/synthetic mags. Dunno, I'm really leary of AR platforms when they won't feed off a GI mag.

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif
  • Options
    in2b8uin2b8u Member Posts: 115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont knnow if this will help, however when Bushmaster aquired pro ordanance after a short period I believe they found that the chamber tolerence was too tight. I have a couple of the orig. pro carbon 15 rifles and had them returned to Bushmaster. (Feeding and cylcling prolems) They did some work to the chamber and the bolt and wallah! works great. I dont think that they had an obligation to pro ord but took them anyway. It shouldnt be long before they have the tweaks straightned out. Bushmster with a few small problems aside does very good customer service work. Good luck.

I proudly pledge allegience to one nation under God.