In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value for a poly tech national match ak47

dandjclementsdandjclements Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited April 2005 in Ask the Experts
I'm looking for a fair price to ask for my POLY TECH NM47. This gun has not been fired. It does have some rusting on the buttstock plate. It has the box it came in

Comments

• Options
    CyclonusCyclonus Member Posts: 2,825
    edited November -1
    Personally i wouldnt pay .02 cents for one cause i personally hate anything of russian design but id say its worth about 300-400$

Revenge is a double edged sword that only kills its wielder
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Well unlike some people I use some fact in my answers. I am not sure if all the poly techs are pre 89 or not but I do know the ones that are, are not cheep. If you gun is a pre 89' ban, the one that outlawed the importing of non sporting firearms (folding stocks, flash hiders, bayonet lugs, ect), they are well over $1000. I saw two listed on GB for between $1200 and $1500.

John
  • Options
    boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Cyclonus
    Personally i wouldnt pay .02 cents for one cause i personally hate anything of russian design but id say its worth about 300-400$

Some folks have a lot to learn. You should be easily be able to double, or maybe triple the price in the post by Cyclonus.

There was probably the time when people wouldn't pay a premium for Lugers either, but that wasn't when they were trying to pick up souveniers on the battelefield.

In an effort to avoid the ignorant spillage from the mouths of stupid people, I would suggest you go to the gunbroker auction search forum. Do a specialized search for specific key words, such as Polytech, Poly-tech, Poly Tech, NM, National Match, etc. Be sure to include a search for the past 90 days. You will see some very similar in condition to the one you described pop up.

You will probably find the previous posted message by Cyclonus is either (1) very stupid or (2) trying to rip you off a very nice rifle or (2) is trying to make some obscure political point that has no purpose on a fourm of true experts.

BTW Nwcid, Junior Member. Good job. Always thankful to see honest folks participating.

GBLogo-170x60.gif

MEMBER SINCE 10/24/1999.

To err is human, to moo is bovine.
  • Options
    toolman9mmtoolman9mm Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    one of the finest design in military rifles ever and still going strong!!!
  • Options
    dano1dano1 Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The last time I was looking around for one, it was in the range of $1200, as most have said already.

quote:BTW Nwcid, Junior Member. Good job. Always thankful to see honest folks participating.

Second that boeboe!
    Stupid, uneducated comments belong somewhere else...
  • Options
    HokkmikeHokkmike Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would LOVE to own one! Much more than 300 - 400 dollars!

Sako Fan
  • Options
    SkeltourSkeltour Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you can easily get 1-1.2k for it but if you want that kind of money, I would try to sell it now. Preban doesn't mean a whole lot anymore since its gone now and some cool stuff is coming out at reasonable prices.

RKBA
  • Options
    HokkmikeHokkmike Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Skeltour, can you give me some place to look?

Sako Fan
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Skeltour you are wrong there. The 94-04 ban that just ended has NONE/NO/0 effect on imported firearm like the said Poly Tech. The new ones you are seeing are built with enough American parts to be complinat with the 922 laws. Just like they are making Galils agian buit on American recivers with many American parts they cost ~$1500 and that is what they will go for. As for true pre 89' ban (the non-sporting one) Galils are pushing ~$3000. The reason why HK 91/94/ect, Galils, pre 89' AK are so expensive they will never be imported again anytime soon. Yes you can by some "clone" that are basicaly the same thing for way less but they are not what colectors want, and they will always pay. Just remember that most of what people are calling "Pre-Ban" and the "Ban is Over" is refering to the 94-04 ban which only effected "Demestic" ie "made in America" firearms". Taking a 1990 Mak 90 and just throwing a folding stock on it is still illegal. If you change out enough parts with American parts you can put the folding stock on it and it is ok.

John
  • Options
    boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    I think the expiration of the ban might have some impact in driving prices down a bit, a lot of people would prefer to spend less money for a similar gun, where before they had little option but to shell out the money for an original (if they really wanted an assault rifle like this). Just the fact that there will be a fewer potential buyers will have some adverse affect. Found some listings, prices vary from around $800 to $2200, depending on condition. I bought mine three years ago, excellent condition, with box an accessories, for $990. Check listings below.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=30231611

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=30231611

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=30298099

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=27969345

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=30280268

GBLogo-170x60.gif

MEMBER SINCE 10/24/1999.

• Options
    CyclonusCyclonus Member Posts: 2,825
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by boeboe
    quote:Originally posted by Cyclonus

Some folks have a lot to learn. You should be easily be able to double, or maybe triple the price in the post by Cyclonus.

There was probably the time when people wouldn't pay a premium for Lugers either, but that wasn't when they were trying to pick up souveniers on the battelefield.

In an effort to avoid the ignorant spillage from the mouths of stupid people, I would suggest you go to the gunbroker auction search forum. Do a specialized search for specific key words, such as Polytech, Poly-tech, Poly Tech, NM, National Match, etc. Be sure to include a search for the past 90 days. You will see some very similar in condition to the one you described pop up.

You will probably find the previous posted message by Cyclonus is either (1) very stupid or (2) trying to rip you off a very nice rifle or (2) is trying to make some obscure political point that has no purpose on a fourm of true experts.

BTW Nwcid, Junior Member. Good job. Always thankful to see honest folks participating.

GBLogo-170x60.gif

MEMBER SINCE 10/24/1999.

I was just taking a guess thats all no need to reem me out man. all i was saying is id never buy one cause i dont like anything russian made or russian designed thats all.