In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

browning 425 grade 2?

jagjag Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
edited April 2005 in Ask the Experts
hi, has anyone heard of a 425 grade 2? i can't find it in my price guides. only grade 1. if it exists, is it worth more than the standard grade 1? how much? i've been talking over the phone to a gentleman that has one for sale, its 30" with chokes and hard case. he wants 1200, i don't know if this is a good deal or not, it not the golden model. thanks for any help!

Comments

• Options
    jagjag Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    john418john418 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    jag,

I own a plethora (luv' that word) of Citori's and mid to late '90's 425's in particular. There was NO Gr. II. You have a Gr. I or a Golden Clays; no in-between. Perhaps the gentleman is confused because of the silver, as opposed to blue, receiver on the Gr. I.

I just sold a 425, 20 ga., Gr. I, 28" barrels (silver receiver included!?) for a thou. I sold that gun because I have the the 425, 20 ga. in a Golden Clays w/30" barrels (I also have the 425, 12 ga. Golden Clays w/30" barrels). I've grown very fond of that additional 2" of barrel (no old guy jokes here)!

You're onto something here but tell the guy he's misleading prospective buyers and the gun is a Gr. I worth only ten or eleven hundred dollars. Then buy it because these are wonderful 5 stand, sporting clays and skeet guns.

Best, John