In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Side winder drum kit

mjalmsmjalms Member Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
edited April 2005 in Ask the Experts
Curious if this kit from Knoxx Industries would be a good purchase for my Mossberg 500A? Anyone out there, please fill me in on this kit! My Mossberg is set up with the tacticle kit but this kit looks like the 10 round drum with front grip and /or 6 round detachable mags would be an added beauty to this shotgun. Thanks Mike

Comments

• tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yeah, nothing says "beauty" like a mossberg with one of those kits on it.
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Can you use the sidewinder with the 7rd tube together?????
    Thus 17rds.
  • Bill CostikBill Costik Member Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it would be unwieldy and heavy. I mean if you use it for home defense, why would you need 10 rounds of 12 gauge buckshot. And to use it for blasting would seem pointless to me. As for the 17 rounds, I don't know, I think, maybe that would be considered a DD. Destructive Device.
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Correct Bill it would be a DD!
    Still sounds good
    Walte
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    IAMACLONE_2,

The tube magazine is replaced entirely when the Sidewinder is installed.

I have one, but haven't had a chance to test it out yet. When I do, I'll write up a range report.
  • ns916ns916 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I finally got a chance to test mine out about a month ago. Small problem. It will not feed 2.75" shells properly. I would have to pump it twice sometimes just to get one shell in. I noticed the problem right after I installed it and tried to cycle some rounds through it. The only reason this is a "small" problem is that it feeds 3" flawlessly. This makes shooting trips a bit more expensive though. My theory is since the tube that pushes the shells out of the drum, down to the reciever is a set legnth, it just doesn't push the smaller rounds back hard enough for them to be pulled out. This would explain why the second pump would load a shell (it had one behind it increasing the pressure) Keep in mind I'm far from an expert. All I know is what has happened with my kit.

"The name's Oxbig, Mike Oxbig"