In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

bill costic on pa carry

Buckmaster223Buckmaster223 Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
edited April 2005 in Ask the Experts
bill you must be 21 and have a valid concealed carrt permit to carry like you want. you may only carry when in the act of hunting,fishing or trapping. sorry to say your to young and belive me i got caught carrying. when i was 20. out hiking. and they told me i could not carry with the sportsmans permit. luckly i knew the officer and he took me home and never busted me. oh bye the way im from PA.

One Shot-One Kill...... SEMPER FI U.S.M.C.

Comments

• Options
    surbat6surbat6 Member Posts: 485 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buckmaster got it right. I'm from PA, too, and have both the "Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms" (usually called a concealed weapons permit) and the "Sportsman's Firearm Permit" (to legally carry a handgun while hunting, fishing, trapping or training hunting dogs - a valid hunting, fishing, etc. license must also be carried with this one). Each is good for five years from date of issue and they are NOT interchangeable.

"I think of my gun as a tool for converting worthless human garbage into valuable fertilizer." John Dollar in the novel "Bridge City" by Fred Rexer
  • Options
    modocmodoc Member Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of course there is a FEE,right??Bull crap,just another form of TAXATION........When are we citizens going to wise up to this bull?? it is just another way to feed the kitty.And believe me that old cat is VERY HUNGRY.........Thank God here in Oregon they haven't gone that far yet,but if they hear that PA. gets away with it they will start.US poor tax payers..........modoc

BILL
    KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY.BUT NOT HOT.....single action S&Ws are keepers
  • Options
    surbat6surbat6 Member Posts: 485 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Modoc, most states that issue CCWs charge a fee. It's only a matter of time until Oregon does, too. I'm not flaming you, it's just a sad fact of life that bureaucrats are always looking for more cash.

"I think of my gun as a tool for converting worthless human garbage into valuable fertilizer." John Dollar in the novel "Bridge City" by Fred Rexer